Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Portrait Photography



Recently I have found myself more and more attracted to portrait photography. Terri and I went for a walk and one of the neighbors was walking with her little girl, who is too adorable for words. Naturally I had my camera with me and I asked if I could take some pictures of her. She was full of energy and joy and had the cutest expressions. She hopped up and down and ran around the yard non-stop! I must have taken about 40 shots and couldn't wait to get home and download them to my computer. I was very happy with the results and burned a CD for the little girls mother, hoping she would feel the same.

I started thinking about how much I love photographing people and kids and decided that I want to start my own business. I almost feel funny calling it a business, after all, the photo shoots I have done were for free! I just haven't been able to bring myself to charge people for doing something that I totally enjoy. Oh and to see their faces when they look the photos, well I will admit it makes me feel pretty darn good.

I will be working all winter researching what I will need to put together a studio in my home, my small home. I am very excited. I know I can do this, that's what I keep telling myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment